Friday, October 10, 2014

Katy Perry, Sadly Not Weird Al, Is Performing At The Super Bowl Halftime Show!

Oh man, do I love the Super Bowl. It's gotta be one of my favorite television events of any given year. Now, I'm not at all a football fan. In fact, I'm terrible when it comes to sports. I don't know a hockey puck from a badminton birdie! That being said, I love eating all that Super Bowl junk food, I simply adore the movie commercials and the Super Bowl halftime show has had some fun times in the past.

Next years proves to be even more monumental than usual with Katy Perry performing. The megastar is well known for putting on extremely elaborate shows in her concerts, so expect the Super Bowl halftime show to follow suit. While I enjoy Perry (except for her hideous new single This Is How We Do), there is a bittersweet note to this news, since it officially confirms Weird Al Yankovic will not be performing at this years Super Bowl. Despite me and countless others campaigning for it, it was not to be. Congrats to Katy Perry for landing such a coveted gig, but let us all bow our heads in sorrow this morning, and mourn what could have been by listening to Weird Al's musical masterpiece Handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment