Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Robert Downey Jr. In Captain America 3 Takes The MCU To The Next Level

Last night, me and a buddy of mine watched Star Wars: Rebels, chit-chatted for a while, having too good of a time for me to think to check my phone. When I got home, I looked on The Hollywood Reporter for any major Hollywood news, and at the bottom of the page, was some humongous news; Robert Downey Jr. was going to be in Captain America 3. And this wasn't just a post-credits scene, no no no, this was to set up a cinematic adaptation of the Civil War storyline.

As you can imagine, I'm more than a little excited.
I'm avoiding spoilers that talk about precise story directions Avengers: Age of Ultron will take, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out bad things will happen to that superhero team when they fight a maniacal robot that Tony Stark created. Those events I'm guessing will set the stage for what is presumably being called Captain America: Fallen Son. I'm really excited to see what exactly occurs in those movies, and of course I'm pumped to see more of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark.

Here's a neat idea though; what if Tony is an antagonistic presence in the feature? I mean, this movie looks to be start of this universe adapting Civil War, a comic series where Tony and Steve Rogers were constantly fighting. Oh, the possibilities are endless...

No comments:

Post a Comment