Thursday, November 6, 2014

Middle-Earths Fate Is In The Balance In Epic New Trailer For Final Hobbit Movie

Alright, I'm gonna say it. At the risk of alienating myself from the rest of the internet....I like The Hobbit movies. Yeah, they have a tendency to be overlong, and some of the CGI (namely those Orcs) is embarrassingly bad. But Middle-Earth is quite a wonderful place to spend two and a half hours, and actors like Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen really help make it come to life. The final entry in The Hobbit Trilogy, The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies has gotten a trailer before it's Christmastime launch, check it out below!

An embedded version will be available shortly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVAgTiBrrDA

Wowza, that's an epic film. The scopes gigantic, and while I'd be a bit more invested in some of the players (like those CGI goblin giants) if I really knew them, I'm surprised at how much the moments in the trailer surrounding Thorin and his corruption got to me. And the not so inner nerd in me can't help but be giddy when Christopher Lee bellows about how he'll take care of Suaron. Maybe this is all just fan service for the sake of fan service, but it's hard to mind when the movies before it have been so enjoyable, and this trailer certainly gives me hope this entry will end the trilogy on a high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment