Monday, June 1, 2015

Tron 3 Is Dead, Long Live Tron 3

There's no way in hell you haven't heard about this by now, but I just thought I'd toss in my two cents on the subject that's been grabbing headlines all weekend; Disney has cancelled Tron 3. The project had been pretty much declared dead until two months ago, when it was announced that the film would be shooting in October.

This development shocked me, mainly because it had been over four years since Tron: Legacy, hadn't the time passed for a follow-up? Apparently, Disney agreed with me because the movie is dead in the water. There's a lot of support to get the feature up and going again, but I doubt it'll make much of a difference. Disneys got guaranteed moneymakers like Star Wars and Marvel films on the horizon, and I'm not sure an expensive ride with Flynn and the gang sounds like a feasible endeavor for the Mouse House. Pity that we won't get more Daft Punk music though, I'll admit that.

No comments:

Post a Comment