Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Chill Out (I'm So Sorry For That Pun) With The First Trailer For The Huntsman: Winter's War

I didn't really care all that much for Snow White And The Huntsman, a forgettable feature that I freely admit wasn't a torturous experience, but was certainly a cookie-cutter experience that wasted the talents of its two lead actors (Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth), with only Charlize Theron getting to go hog-wild as a scenery chewing bad guy. Normally, a sequel wouldn't be anywhere near my radar, but this follow-up, entitled The Huntsman: Winter's War, has made a number of smart decisions to get my interest.


First up, they've made it a prequel so that Theron and her awesome character from the first one can come back, secondly, they've made it the are major American blockbuster to have 75% of its primary characters be female, and finally, and most importantly, they've not only brought Jessica Chastain and Emily Blunt into the same movie, they've brought them together in a feature where Chastain plays an ass-kicking warrior and Blunt rides around on a polar bear. See that sort of imagery and so much more in the first trailer for The Huntsman: Winter's War below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W65ndip7MM

That's...not a bad trailer actually. I like the slightly lighter tone of this trailer that deviates from the overly grim aesthetic of the first movie, while Theron seems to be hamming it up again in a delightful fashion. I'm kinda surprised they incorporated an "Ice Queen sister" into the film after a little movie called Frozen opened just two years ago, but hey, like I said, Emily Blunt is riding around on a polar bear in this thing, so I ain't complaining. I'm fairly certain the world doesn't need a Snow White & The Huntsman follow-up, but if we're gonna get one, at least this trailer makes the case that thsi final film could at least be a fun ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment